1. Your filing cabinet cannot multitask. It can only store your documents. A document management system (DMS) allows you to do more for less. You can store, search, print, email, and track your documents in seconds.
2. The average employee spends 400 hours per year searching for paper documents. Wouldn’t you rather be more productive with those 400 hours?
3. It costs about $25,000 to fill a four-drawer filing cabinet and over $2,100 per year to maintain it. Just think of what you could spend that money on if you got rid of those clunky cabinets.
4. Filing cabinets and paper take up an inordinate amount of space. Some offices have an entire room full of them. Going paperless frees up that space so you can spread out your employees, hire new ones, or even find a smaller office space.
5. No matter what your organization does, you find yourself liable to maintain documents. A document management solution secures the documents that are critical to your business so you can remain accountable to your clients.
6. The average organization loses 1 out of every 20 documents and spends $120 in labor searching for each misfiled document. It is time to put an end to lost and misplaced files.
7. Meeting regulatory requirements such as HIPAA, SEC, and FINRA can be a headache. If you use a DMS, many of the regulatory requirements are built right in, helping you become compliant.
8. Implementing an electronic document management system can literally save a business from going under in the event of network failure, theft, or natural disaster. When in a digital format, documents can be backed up to an off-site location and are easily and readily available in case of an emergency.
9. Customer service is extremely valuable. When a client calls asking for a particular file, how long does it take you to find it, make a copy, and send it to them? With a DMS, the process is simplified and takes only seconds.
10. Reduce your carbon footprint by going paperless and help save the planet.