By Erin Swan
Today is eFileCabinet’s favorite day of the year. That’s right—it’s World Paper-Free Day! What is World Paper-Free Day, you ask? Simply put, it’s a day dedicated to helping people recognize and reduce their reliance on paper. This monumental day was established by the Association for Information and Image Management, and we encourage everyone to participate, both at home and in the office. You’ll be amazed at how much you rely on paper, and how much you can actually cut back on.
Here are some ways you can celebrate World Paper-Free Day today:
At the Office:
- Try implementing a paperless DMS like eFileCabinet, even if it’s just on a trial basis. You can sign up for a free demonstration by filling out the form on this page.
- Start scanning and saving documents in their electronic forms, instead of printing and filing.
- Share documents electronically instead of passing papers around.
- Recycle outdated paper documents.
- Use electronic note-taking apps like Evernote, or type notes on a laptop during meetings.
- Use cloth napkins in place of paper ones.
- Use washable dishes instead of paper plates.
- Use a rag or sponge to clean instead of paper towels.
- Scan paper recipes into a folder on your computer instead of printing them or writing them down for a physical recipe book.
- Scan other important household documents and store them in a secure electronic system. (Don’t worry, eFileCabinet will be helping you out with this process very soon!)
- Use a list app on your smartphone for grocery lists and to-do lists instead of jotting them down on notepads and pieces of paper.
- Cancel your magazine subscriptions and subscribe to electronic versions instead.
So, are you ready to take the pledge and go paper-free today? Then get started right away! Clear that paper off your desk. Stash those notepads in the back of your drawer. And of course, start scanning all the documents you can get your hands on. There’s no better day to start making the paperless switch than today!
Give us a call or sign up for a free demo for help getting started.