How To Edit And Apply Templates
by eFileCabinet | Dec 23, 2013
Editing Your Template
- To change a folder template from the previous year to the coming year, you must be logged in as an administrator.
- After you have logged in, click on the Administration tab along the top of the eFileCabinet toolbar.
- Click on the Manage Templates icon. Choose the Template Library that contains your template by double-clicking on the Template Library.
- Find your template, and right-click on the template, select Edit Template, this will open a new window that shows your templates folders and pre-defined document names.
- If your template has a folder labeled as a year, simply select the folder and right-click on the folder, select Rename and change the folder name to the year that you want to change it to and click Save. (If it does not, skip to Adding a “Year” Folder.)
- Your template is now ready. Click on Save As to rename the template. You can save it as the same name, which will overwrite the previous template, or you can rename it and add the year to the end of the template name, which will create a new template. Then click Save. Click Apply, then OK.
Adding a “Year” Folder
- If your template does not have a folder labeled as a year, and you would like it to have a year, simply click on the folder that has a plus sign on it in the top left corner of the window. This will add the new folder, right-click on the folder to rename it, name the folder and click Save.
- Drag your template and drop it over the top of the new year folder. Your template is now ready, click on Save As. You can save it as the same name, which will overwrite the previous template, or you can rename it and add the year to the end of the template name, which will create a new template. Then click Save. Click Apply, then OK.
Applying Your Template
- Select the cabinet you would like to apply the template to. Select the icon that is labeled Activate Templates. Select the library in which your template is stored from the drop-down menu. Your available templates will now show up on the right.
- Choose the template you would like to activate and select the button with the single arrow. This will move the template over to the Active Templates. Click on the Apply button in the bottom right corner, then click OK.
- Your template is now ready to be applied to the Drawers in your Cabinet. To apply the template to all Drawers, click on the icon labeled Mass Apply Templates.
- Select the cabinet you would like to apply the template to, then select the template you created or edited. Click OK. This may take some time if you have a lot of clients that you are applying this template to.