Companies have several issues to consider when they decide to go paperless. In these days of multiple technological solutions for every problem, the key is not to look for which program or software will fix a single issue, but which one can create solutions for a wide range of problems. Many companies are turning to a document management software (DMS) solution to handle numerous different needs – but there are several players in this field. Let’s take a look at two of them—FuseAnalytics and eFileCabinet—to see how their features compare.
The Basic Features of FuseAnalytics
Both FuseAnalytics and eFileCabinet have hundreds of features, but let’s focus on the main categories you’ll find with each. For FuseAnalytics they are:
- Data archiving. Users get a comprehensive solution for both document and data storage—plus an application that emulates common HRIS platforms—and is 100% web-based. This allows organizations to easily move data and documents and to distribute reports internally throughout an organization to users of every level.
- Cloud architecture. Though it’s designed to be used primarily in the cloud, Fuse is also capable of being deployed on-site. Their platform is compatible with numerous data architectures and uses a connection that’s agnostic and can work with many common reporting software packages.
- HR analytics. Fuse offers intuitive reporting that’s needed if an organization wants to engage every user in business intelligence—from both bottom-up and top-down.
- Cost, risk, and quality improvement. FuseAnalytics makes this possible that every metric can be categorized in terms of whether or not it contributes to cost, quality, or risk management.
- Compliance. Compliance is an issue for organizations in a wide range of sectors and the right DMS solution must have specific compliance built into it. Fuse does this in a number of ways, including automatically identifying confidential information in documents and data, tagging documents with retention policy rules, consolidating data and documents, and providing end-to-end life cycle management, including importing and purging both documents and data.
These are just the main features of FuseAnalytics. Now let’s take a look at how eFileCabinet compares.
The Basic Features of eFileCabinet
Like FuseAnalytics, eFileCabinet has tons of features. Let’s cover the basic categories for a brief overview of what users can expect.
- Data storage. There are many reasons data storage can be challenging, including the fact that when it’s kept on-site it’s not easily scalable. eFileCabinet allows users to store data electronically.
- Mobile applications. The many features of eFileCabinet are made even more convenient via access to various mobile apps. Users don’t have to be in their office to find their data and documents; instead they can simply log on from virtually any internet-enabled device.
- Data encryption. Keeping documents safe from unauthorized access should be a top priority for every company and eFileCabinet makes it possible.
- Searchable text. Storing documents is made simple and easy with a searchable text feature. This allows you to key in a search term and instantly find every document you have that includes that term.
- Drag-and-drop storage. Who says data storage has to be difficult? This application allows users to grab the documents they need and drop them directly into the folder they want them in.
- Document-level indexing. Gone are the days of confusing tabs within your documents. Instead, index your documents by using tags that allow you to instantly pull up related files.
- Folder templates. Most organizations have certain documents they use more frequently than others. It can be incredibly time-consuming to re-create the folders, documents, etc. every time you use them. Folder templates allow you to create basic folders with all the information you need, which you can then replicate as needed.
- SecureDrawer sharing portal. One of the best features of eFileCabinet is the ability to integrate it with so many other programs and software applications—including SecureDrawer.
- Workflow solutions. In most organizations, a file will pass through dozens of employees’ hands before it’s completed. Without the right workflow option, files can get lost, it can be difficult for numerous people to access them, and getting the necessary documents can be challenging. With eFileCabinet, a workflow solution is finally apparent.
- Role-based security. Confidential information is likely not accessible to every user in your organization, yet assigning access to every high-level employee, for every document they need, can be tedious and a waste of time. A better option is role-based security, which allows administrators to set permissions for those with certain roles to access specific types of files.
- Audit trails. Just like Fuse offers compliance features, eFileCabinet offers a wide range of compliance features, including audit trails. They automatically track who accessed a document, what they changed about it, and when it was changed.
- Versioning. This feature allows users to never again worry that they’re not using the latest version of a document, or that they’ll lose older versions.
Both eFileCabinet and FuseAnalytics have a wide range of features. Which one is the best DMS solution for your organization? For those who value intuitive, easy-to-use and understand features that make it simple for a company to go paperless, eFileCabinet is likely the best choice.