Life Without Electronic Document Management is Messy
At eFileCabinet, we understand that file storage can be messy, it can be expensive, and it can consume a lot of work space and time. eFileCabinet’s electronic document management system software can help optimize the efficiency of any business or individual who works with any amount of paper. However, if any of the following scenarios sound familiar, electronic document management will be especially beneficial.
- Have you ever gone to the cabinet to look for file and it wasn’t there? Or had a client call you on a weekend needing a form this very instant?
- What about a paper that was brought home for the weekend by an employee, never to be seen again?
- Have you ever forgotten what color your desk was because it had been buried for so long under a mound of paper?
- Has the copy machine, fax machine, or printer gone on the fritz right at the crucial moment with a deadline looming?
- Been on a business trip when you needed a document that you didn’t have with you?
Paper documents are also prone to loss, theft, misplacement, and damage, which can put businesses and individuals at risk for files they are liable for. Tax season is another time when paperwork can become a stumbling block. Processing tax forms for a handful of employees is manageable, but when you have hundreds, things can become arduous, and the likelihood for a mistake increases. Mailing can be expensive, is slower than electronic methods, and is subject to potential loss or lateness. The overabundance of official paperwork which businesses frequently find themselves bogged down in hinders progress and drains employee stamina.
Life with an Electronic Document Management System
Electronic document management offers a smart alternative to physical file cabinets by being more cost-effective, instantly accessible, and easier to work with and manage. It also takes up practically no space, is heavily encrypted, and is compliant with industry standards set by FINRA, SEC, and HIPAA. Paperless systems can help greatly increase the efficiency and workflow of the largest entities, as well as the brand new 1 person startup in the following ways:
- Cost Effectiveness—The cost of data is becoming less and less expensive. (Now less than 10 cents for a gig!) The cost of paper products (paper, printers, fax machines, copiers, toner, ink, repair, maintenance, etc.) actually adds up significantly and takes up room in what is often rented or leased spaces. Electronic paperless document management can be done over the Cloud, requiring minimal infrastructure and hardware, and benefiting from being able to be shared instantly and for free.
- Accessibility—eFileCabinet products (eFileCabinet Desktop and eFileCabinet Online) are integrated closely with SecureDrawer, our client portal. SecureDrawer is easy to use, mobile friendly, and has security measures in place to guard against cybercrime. With SecureDrawer, the hassle and time consumption around mailing and sorting paper is largely eliminated. Clients and customers do not even need to have a SecureDrawer profile of their own for you to share with them. In a pinch, you can create a temporary guest profile, giving them access to the documents they need when they need it. As long as you have a reliable internet connection, you can access and share documents anytime, anywhere.
- Security—Electronic document management also enhances online security with state of the art 256-bit encryption, frequent file backups, and role-based securities. The role-based securities and permissions feature ensures that the proper profiles will have access only to the appropriate drawers and folders. This is very important when it comes to matters of federal and industry compliance (HIPAA, SEC, and FINRA), but is still easy to customize within eFileCabinet Online and eFileCabinet Desktop.
What Electronic Document Management Means for You
eFileCabinet is ideal for organizations or business with multiple locations, traveling employees, sharing with customers, and businesses who find themselves smothered beneath mounds of cluttering paper. By converting your workplace to an electronic document management system, you’ll save time, space, and money. Increased savings and efficiency means increased profits. Ultimately that is eFileCabinet’s goal, to help businesses become more effective and profitable.
To see how an electronic filing system can benefit your business, fill out the form on this page for a free demo.