For companies that need a DMS (document management software) solution, there are many options to consider. Gone are the days when 1 key player dominated the field. Today, organizations can compare the pros and cons of each, assess what features are included in all of the options, and decide for themselves which best meets their needs. Now let’s compare the benefits and features of DocLogix and eFileCabinet.
Features of DocLogix
There are many reasons users may consider DocLogix, including its adaptability, the fact that it’s easy to configure, and its scalability. It offers dedicated processing, storing, managing, and access of information using relatively user-friendly methods. Users can adjust, create, and monitor their business workflows even if they don’t have an IT background. Let’s take a look at the specific features it offers:
- Workflow management
- Flexible deployment
- Integration with MS Office products
- Smart capture that allows the software to instantly capture OCR data and automatically classify it
- A wide range of report management
- Top-notch security
- Mobile features that allow users to perform most functions from any device with an internet connection
- Extensive collaboration opportunities
- Access controls allow administrators to set role-based permissions
- Full text search
Businesses of all sizes, and in a wide range of sectors, use DocLogix, but the banking, financing, energy, and engineering sectors are their most popular customers. Major customers include the Estonian Ministry of Culture, Pasha Insurance, and DNB Bankas. DocLogix is certainly software that provides many features for users, and most reviewers agree that it’s relatively easy to learn and understand. But what’s the other side of the story?
The Drawbacks of DocLogix
While there’s no question that DocLogix brings a lot to the table, it’s not perfect software. Industry experts point to a few flaws in this software, but 1 that’s the most glaring is a lack of compliance management.
A large number of organizations currently using document management systems, and those that are considering making the switch, have some type of compliance issues they need to keep an eye on. Whether it’s FINRA or HIPPA or something else, the best DMS offers built-in compliance. The number-one cause of noncompliance is human error, and the right DMS can take this out of the equation. DocLogix simply doesn’t provide that for their customers.
Features of eFileCabinet
eFileCabinet is another DMS solution that offers a wide range of features. Like DocLogix, it’s adaptable, it’s easy for users to configure to their specific needs, and it can be scaled for virtually any size organization. Here are eFileCabinet’s top features:
- Storage without limitations
- Mobile accessibility that’s available anywhere there’s an internet connection
- Data encryption that keeps documents safe from unauthorized access
- Searchable text makes it easy for users to find exactly what they want—instantly
- Simple drag-and-drop storage
- The ability to scan numerous documents very quickly and incorporate them into the DMS solution
- Document-level indexing that keeps everything organized
- Folder templates to easily create frequently used folders and documents
- Upgrades and support
- Integrated with SecureDrawer, Microsoft Office products, QuickBooks, and many other popular software products
- The ability to create legally binding eSignatures
- Free personal account for every user
- Document retention
- Role-based security that allows for people with specific roles to have access to designated documents
- An audit trail that gives maximum information on document changes and access
- Guest editor access allows users to give access to individuals outside of their organization
- Automatic file syncing
- Integration with Salesforce
- Incorporated compliance with HIPAA, FINRA, and more
Like DocLogix, eFileCabinet has customers in virtually every sectors and works for businesses of all sizes. However, most customers are small or medium-sized businesses. Major industries that use eFileCabinet include education, retail, legal, healthcare, financial services, wholesale, insurance, hospitality, and business process outsourcing. Some of their major clients include Mutual of Omaha, and Blue Diamond Almonds.
A Side-By-Side Comparison of DocLogix and eFileCabinet
While both are the DMS solution many organizations are looking for, it’s up to each company to decide which better fits their needs. For organizations that deal with external compliance issues like HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley, and manufacturing compliance standards like ISO 9000/9001, eFileCabinet is likely the better choice.
Usability is another key factor to consider. No matter how many features a certain software has, if it’s not easy enough for even the least tech-savvy member of a company to use then it’s not going to be as useful as it could be. While both DocLogix and eFileCabinet are user-friendly, eFileCabinet has a long list of online resources, including videos, which outline exactly how users can get the most use from them.
At the end of the day, both software options offer great features for users. It’s simply up to each consumer to decide which one will work best within the structure of their company.