- “I love the product, but most importantly I love the people. The entire process from purchase to implementation to continuing to learn has been easy and seamless.” Full StoryBackground
Catherine L. Ozment, CPA PLLC is an accounting boutique specializing in small to medium sized business services, individual income tax preparation, and IRS conflict resolution. Their mission is to unlock your potential so you can realize your dreams. They want to do this by providing you with friendly financial information to aid you in making decisions that serve your future.
Catherine L. Ozment, CPA PLLC is a new business and as a new business they knew that going paperless was the way they wanted to go to save time and money in the long run.
Catherine decided to purchase eFileCabinet for a variety of reasons. Ease of use and ease of accessibility for clients through a client portal were among them. SecureDrawer, our client portal software was especially appealing to Catherine. (SecureDrawer is a client portal service that allows you to safely and securely send files to your clients or within your organization.)
Catherine said that the implementation of eFileCabinet was done in less than a day. Since starting the use of eFileCabinet in her office, Catherine observed “increased productivity and increased peace of mind that I know where everything is!”
We asked Catherine to summarize her eFileCabinet experience so far and this is what she had to say, “I love the product, but most importantly I love the people. The entire process from purchase to implementation to continuing to learn has been easy and seamless.”
- “Installation and deployment of the product was very easy and it continues to work for us to this day – there is little to no maintenance. eFileCabinet has saved us time and money. We have lowered our cost on rent – which is a significant savings for us.” Full StoryBackground
Brett Simpson is the Chief Financial Officer and Manager of Information Systems at Backman Title Services, a full-service title and insurance company located in Utah. Backman Title Services was originally founded in 1900. As the economy and technology change, they are dedicated to providing enhanced superior service along with a warm and professional atmosphere.
As Backman Title Services expanded and grew, it was producing large amounts of paperwork and running out of space to store their files. “We needed to access files frequently and since there were so many files it just took too long to find anything and was costing too much money to pay people to look for the files”, said Brett. With so many files they had a hard time locating anything and then when they were done with the files they would have to take the time to put the files back.
“The company also has a policy that documents need to be stored for 10 years – which was a massive undertaking. With eFileCabinet, we are able to save time and money by storing these files electronically.”
Brett looked at other document management solutions before deciding on eFileCabinet including software that was specific to the Title and Insurance Industry. “We chose eFileCabinet because of the simple methods. You can print and save from Microsoft. You can scan. It didn’t matter how you wanted to send a file – every way was simple.”
With eFileCabinet, the firm was able to save time and money. “We have lowered our cost on rent – which is a significant savings for us. It cost a lot of money to rent out enough space for all of our filing cabinets.” Not only have they saved money by lowering rent, they have also saved money and time by cutting down man powers on filing and storing documents.
Brett said that the implementation of eFileCabinet was very easy and the company transitioned to it with little to no disruption. “Installation and deployment of the product were very easy and it continues to work for us to this day – there is little to no maintenance.”
- “Many positive comments can be made for eFileCabinet as an electronic Document Management Software. While other DMS applications have become stagnant, eFileCabinet has pushed the horizon in many respects, such as the following: seamless import of data from another DMS database, the ability to automatically “archive” file retention for a duration determined and specified by user, ability to set up Drawer and Folders on the fly, quick and efficient advanced document search functionality, ability to restrict “user settings” in a multiple-user office setting, quickly identify empty folders and drawer, remembers the last used location in storing documents to a specific client folder, ability to apply Mass Templates, and prompt, courteous customer and technical support.” Nancy L. Patrick, CPA, Wyoming Business Solutions
- “I can not give you a recommendation though I absolutely love what it has done to my organization. It has set my peeps free to blend work and living. The reason I cannot give you a recommendation is because it would be like telling your friends about a great restaurant and then everyone will know. EFC gives me a competitive edge that I plan to exploit further.” Anonymous
- “We’ve been able to cut down on the amount of paper we send out. We can email a client a 150-page tax return in minutes. eFileCabinet saves us time and money. We told eFileCabinet what we needed and they did it all for us. When we have a problem, we call them and they fix it. Their support team is the best!” Bob Friedlander, Carin D. Friedlander
- “We purchased this product to save time – period. We search for files often and now we can do that without leaving our desks. This cuts the searching time down tremendously. The fact that we’re saving money on supplies, saving maintenance on printers and have more room because of less files is just icing on the cake! In one department alone we’ve experienced approximately a 35% savings in time. ” Dustin Smith, OTR Wheel Engineering
- “eFileCabinet has enabled us to move forward as a company. We are more efficient by having everything stored in one place that everyone has access to. We have been able to save so much time and money.” Kaleb Paddock, California Retirement Plans
- “eFileCabinet is easy to use – you don’t need to be a brain surgeon to figure it out. It is very user-friendly. We had the product up and running within a few days.” Lori Roscher, Walsh Tops, Inc.
- “I save approximately 3 hours a day by not having to go to the filing cabinets.” Rosa Rodriguez, La Rosa Insurance Agency, Inc.
- “We looked at a few other solutions but we went with eFileCabinet because of the customer service we were getting and the design aspects that we liked that were similar to some of the other programs but at a much more reasonable price. eFileCabinet had everything we wanted.” Full StoryBackground
Amir is the office manager at Frank Akef & Co., a full-service tax and accounting firm in Los Angeles that also handles property management and offers 1031 exchange services. As office manager, Amir handles the day-to-day tasks and is responsible for managing the files that the firm produces, both paper and digital. The office has around fifteen employees.
As Frank Akef & Co. grew, it was producing large amounts of paperwork and it was becoming hard to manage. “As an accounting firm, we have a lot of documents involved and our filing cabinets were filling up. We also had storage units in two parts of the building that were also packed,” said Amir, “We were running out of space and it was becoming difficult to manage in terms of getting documents to customers.”
The firm also needed a way to easily send their customers digital copies of their documents. “Over the years we have started serving a new generation of customers and when we give them the option of having their documents mailed to them, they say to just email it, so we wanted to go with a program that gave us the flexibility of having everything online.”
Amir shopped around before deciding on eFileCabinet Desktop. “We looked at a few other solutions but we went with eFileCabinet because of the customer service we were getting and the design aspects that we liked that were similar to some of the other programs but at a much more reasonable price. eFileCabinet had everything we wanted.“
With eFileCabinet, the firm was able to save time and improve their customer service. “Everything is much more streamlined. As soon as the client calls we are able to go into eFileCabinet and email them their document with one touch. We’re able to keep all of our files organized, not just for our clients but for our own administration. I can also upload files to our website easily.”
Amir was also able to solve the storage problem. “We’ve been able to reduce a lot of our storage and shred old documents because they are already in eFileCabinet. It’s also a lot more secure.”
- “I am absolutely blown away by how user friendly the eFileCabinet product is while still being able to handle extremely complex situations with ease. We are very happy customers.” Rebecca Giffune, Eagle Payroll Service, Inc.
- “Not only did eFileCabinet solve my client’s need for consistent electronic storage which scaled with his business, but efilecabinet also helped to solidify us as a trusted advisor to my largest client.” Full Story“My largest client was growing fast and looking for a way to consistently save a variety of documents they were receiving from email, fax, and Microsoft Office. My client had maxed out their Microsoft Outlook database and had to do something fast to consistently organize the growing stream of information they were receiving each day from the operation of their business.
That’s when we reached out to the other CMIT owners for a solution, and was introduced to efilecabinet. My small business client was intrigued by the fact that efilecabinet used the Microsoft folder structure to organize documents, and the relatively low cost to purchase licenses. Not only did efilecabinet solve my client’s need for consistent electronic storage which scaled with his business, but efilecabinet also helped to solidify us as a trusted advisor to my largest client.
As a side benefit to being a reseller, I was provided a complimentary efilecabinet license for my personal use, and it transformed my own recordkeeping! I highly recommend that each CMIT office use efilecabinet to organize their electronic documents and reap the immediate benefits of this product. It’s more convincing to recommend a product you’re using yourself.
I think CMIT’s franchisee training should include a license of efilecabinet, a CMIT custom designed cabinet/drawer template, and some training on how to use this wonderful product. Besides revenues from the sales and the ongoing client consulting on how to use the product, it helped me get my business organized and afforded me extra time to grow my business instead of searching for documents.”
- “eFileCabinet has been a great tool to use now that the office has decided to go paperless. It has allowed the office to search files without having to go through piles and piles of paperwork. The ease of the transition has been very painless.” Trina Elmer, Groeneveld Mountain Regional
- “eFileCabinet and SecureDrawer are the perfect solutions for our productivity needs. We encourage you to discover for yourself the benefits of eFileCabinet and SecureDrawer productivity. Your clients and customers will be glad you did.” <Full StoryBackground
GSFS, Inc. (GSFS) is a leading authority on taxation, pension planning and Social Security exemption for clergy. With a combined 48 years of experience in assisting employees of non-profit institutions the owners, Gregg and Debbie Graening, have built an expertise that almost 300 customers and family units have come to trust and rely upon.
Frequently asked to consult with attorneys, accountants and church leaders, they have led tax seminars, contributed articles to professional journals, researched and provided clients for a denomination’s successful IRS determination letter, developed plan documents and payroll systems in use by 36,000+ churches, and have clients in twenty-eight states and six countries ordained by ten denominations.
All of the heavy customer interactions and documents left Gregg and Debbie with paper, lots of paper, and not enough time to file the paper. In fact from the early 1990’s until just a few years ago, it would take the expense of one employee between 4 – 8 hours per day to retrieve, rearrange and re-file the various client folders. In addition to the file folder “office clutter,” finding and retaining competent clerical help was very difficult as the professional practice is multi-disciplined and very challenging for any administrative assistant.
In 2010 after shredding files older than 10 years and digitalizing tax information and returns back to 2002, more than 28 deep file cabinet drawers worth of documents still existed. Something was wrong. The paper and clutter were not going away. Customer service and record retrieval had no integration.
Since customer service is key in cultivating good relationships, Gregg and Debbie had to make sure questions were answered promptly and confidently. As word spread of the quality of the service and their knowledge, it was not possible to store the paperwork that new clients would require and GSFS had to start turning people away. “Customer service retains relationships, and that is the most important business differentiation,” said Gregg. More clients could not be taken on with the limitations of a paper intensive, manually-serviced document model.
At the same time, he also noticed that the GSFS customers were not comfortable with the pace of technology change. A solution was needed that people could use even if they weren’t tech savvy.
In 2002, Debbie started scanning tax documents and information into Adobe PDF files while keeping electronic copies of tax returns. GSFS kept hard paper copy of files as backup. This was the start. Over the next eight years as the technology needs of the business grew some productivity gains were made and the business began to expand again. Next, electronic copy of the digital tax information and returns were manually synchronized each night on multiple computers. A local hard drive back-up was added soon thereafter followed by a period of mass shredding of old tax information and tax returns.
The business then moved to a “file server” type Local Area Network (LAN) with both a local and web based back-up created each night. Nevertheless, “we were still spending too much time with paper based information from our other disciplines. In turn, this affected our ability to continue the client base expansion,” said Gregg. Subsequently, a professional peer suggested GSFS consider a product he had purchased to solve a similar dilemma, eFileCabinet.
Thus, in 2010, GSFS purchased eFileCabinet, and started transitioning to a complete paperless solution in the fall (when it is slower for tax specialists). After ensuring the templates were correct to their need, Debbie started to move the existing electronic records into eFileCabinet through a “drag and drop” of multiple files method. About 30 hours was spent moving all of the existing electronic tax records into eFileCabinet. Gregg then let the computer index overnight (Gregg LOVES the full text search engine). With 30 hours and an overnight indexing, Gregg and Debbie had moved eight years of PDF/WordPerfect, Word and Excel files into the eFileCabinet system with the capability to search and pull-up information by letting the computer play “seek-n-find” for them in seconds rather than minutes. Voila, more productivity!
In addition, GSFS now provides tax information and tax organization paperwork and supporting documents for customers (3 years of data) via SecureDrawer, the secure online portal for sharing confidential information without emailing. Older tax returns and records are stored safely in eFileCabinet.
This is the second tax season GSFS clients are using the SecureDrawer portal. Over 76% of Gregg and Debbie’s customers are uploading their entire 2011 tax information and documents using the SecureDrawer. They make fewer trips to their post office box. This, again, makes for more productivity. In addition, 95% of the clients uploading to SecureDrawer are very happy with the communication channel since they too no longer have to fight traffic or spend money on postage and gas to run to the post office.
Yes, as you probably have guessed GSFS is, again, expanding. Gregg has prepared the eFileCabinet for the other professional discipline documents (investment and insurance) in need of data retrieval. The system and templates are simple enough for the new administrative assistant to understand. Gregg and Debbie are taking more clients because increased productivity translates to having more time to spend with new and existing clients. Naturally, improved relationships increase both the top and bottom line revenue for GSFS!
Prior to the purchase of eFileCabinet Desktop, Gregg created a spreadsheet to itemize the eFileCabinet and SecureDrawer investment net cost. He needed to charge GSFS clients for an annual cost of living increase PLUS the technology to ease the integration of customer service and documents along with the new document interaction through SecureDrawer. Here is the savings portion of his net unit cost analysis.
“As is said in Kentucky, ‘we learn slow but good,’” said Gregg and Debbie. “eFileCabinet and SecureDrawer are the “good” solutions for our productivity needs.” We encourage you to discover for yourself the “benefits” of eFileCabinet and SecureDrawer productivity. Your clients and customers will be glad you did!
- “The program itself has already saved us 4 to 5 man hours in two days. We are able to find the file we need quickly and save time printing. Now a two person job can be done with one person. What used to take a whole day takes an hour at the most.” Full Story“There is a lot that can be said about eFileCabinet, a lot that can be praised for. The program is stable, easy, and can save money.
When I first heard about this program I was skeptical. It was hard to believe a program could do all the things my company was looking for and then some. In the demonstration, the sales assistant showed everything it could do and when he was done asked if I had questions. I did have questions, lots of them, and most of them were not easy and required him to look outside the box of what the program was thought to do. The sales rep was very patient and answered all my questions. My supervisors were impressed with what I showed them in the trial that was provided.
When I began using the product I had questions about the OCR. I had to contact Tech Support, a process I was very familiar with when dealing with other programs and equipment. Normally it’s a hassle. This was not the case with eFileCabinet Tech Support. From the beginning the person saw what I had a problem and asked what I had already done. Before I knew it, he had the problem solved and was very nice about it, willing to work with me if needed. This was by far one of the best Tech Support teams I have encountered yet.
With the program up and running, I began sorting and organizing to get the company going paperless. The program did not take hours to learn but minutes. What has saved me is that I’ve learned how to organize so that if someone needs a file it can easily be found. Thankfully the program is forgiving. Changing fields in a profile automatically change the fields on the files as well. The program has saved hours of rewriting everything, which has saved the company money they would have paid me to do the job over again.
That’s not the only time saving thing it has done. The program itself has already saved us 4 to 5 man hours in two days. We are able to find the file we need quickly and save time printing. Now a two person job can be done with one person. What used to take a whole day takes an hour at the most.
I could not recommend this program enough to businesses. This is almost something of an essential. From filling to finding, the program can do it all. Well, almost all. It still can’t make a cup of coffee. I expect that to come out in the next update.”
- “We have been able to save a couple of hours each day looking for and filing the documents, not to mention the expense of paper and toner.” Full Story“We are a full-service financial agency based in Orem, UT, committed to helping people pursue their financial goals. Our office would produce so much paperwork, that it was starting to get out of control in managing the file room. Our staff was spending hours every week looking for files and filing them away, and we decided that there had to be something more efficient to help us manage our documents. Time is money, and in my industry, you only make money by being on the phone with a prospect or client or in a meeting with a prospect or client. Our industry is full of regulations that require a mountain of paperwork. Every time I or my staff has to move, organize, find or file paperwork, it wastes valuable time that could be used more productively. That is when we found eFileCabinet.
Since 2008, we have been using eFileCabinet’s document management solution to manage our documents. Just imagine, if you will, never having to get up from your desk or have a staff member go look for another file again. Imagine if you will, sitting at your desk or in a client’s home or office and with a few strokes of your computer or iPad pulling up every document or file that you have for that client within seconds! We have been able to save a couple of hours each day looking for and filing the documents, not to mention the expense of paper and toner.
The eFileCabinet staff has been a great help throughout the process, through the setup to the support of the software. The service from start to finish has been exemplary and their staff is professional, knowledgeable, yet friendly. We would recommend eFileCabinet’s document management solution to any financial services firm that is looking to become more efficient in managing their files and saving money. That’s what I have and how I work with eFileCabinet. If you doubt it, come by my office and I will show you how efficient it makes my staff and I.”
- “By not having to spend time accessing 30 or so files daily by hand, it is going to save me around $5,000 dollars in labor every year.” Full StoryBackground:
Ed runs a great insurance business out of Morehead City, NC. With his business focusing on property, casualty, life and financial insurance, Ed’s business is built on superior service to his extraordinary large number of clients.
With that large customer base, and because his business requires extensive paperwork and record keeping, Ed’s office staff was spending huge amounts of time daily trying to file and find client records stored in file cabinets. “Not only were my file cabinets packed, but my staff people sometimes put the files in the wrong place, and so trying to find records was frustrating, and you are trying not to look bad in front of customers.”
Because of compliance requirements, Ed was also concerned about security of his clients’ records. That meant that he had to keep the records within the premises in multiple cabinets and drawers for multiple years. Many of the ‘dead’ files were even kept under lock and key in a separate storage facility where he had to pay monthly fees.
With eFileCabinet’s document management software, Ed has already seen a significant difference in his office efficiency, improved customer service capabilities and financial savings. He no longer has any payments to external storage facilities, and has mostly converted his 9 cabinets (4 drawers per cabinet) into digital records. “The Christmas break slowed us down. But even now, I can see how we are saving. By not having to spend time accessing 30 or so files daily by hand, it is going to save me around $5,000 dollars in labor every year.”
In addition, Ed now backs up his files daily. “One angle that I considered also in terms of the ‘safety’ of my files and records, was that I am on the coast of North Carolina, and hurricanes are yearly concerns. One bad storm, flooding, and my files are mush! This way I can set up a new office the next day, plug in back-up drives, and have all of my files right back in my hands!”
Ed mentioned that, as with most software, he expected his IT department to do all of the heavy ‘lifting’ once he purchased eFileCabinet’s paperless software. To his surprise, Ed said he was delighted by the amount of help and time provided by Customer Support to ensure his software worked properly. In addition, Robie Fullmer, Ed’s expert sales advisor, helped to provide resources to customize Ed’s implementation through some professional services. “Customer service exceeded my expectations,” was Ed’s parting comments.
- “eFileCabinet is a product I have been using for several years and I find it most beneficial in organizing and maintaining my files for my clients both in the tax arena and in the financial industry. While there are many products out there for a paperless type environment, I believe eFileCabinet is the best!” Full Story“As a tax professional and financial advisor, I believe utilizing a sound electronic filing system that captures, stores and secures client privileged information is a must if not a requirement. eFileCabinet is a product I have been using for several years and I find it most beneficial in organizing and maintaining my files for my clients both in the tax arena and in the financial industry.
While there are many products out there for a paperless type environment, I believe eFileCabinet is the best! My belief is backed up with peace of mind I get when I know my files are in order, secure, and ready to transfer with ease to my clients. The product not only offers organization and ease of finding a file in seconds but it also backs up the information and allows client’s access 24/7 with a secured password making work flow much more efficient and effective as ever.”
- “Hurricane Katrina left our office in six feet of water and with tons of useless paper documents that cost more than $6,000 to shred and dispose. This experience truly opened our eyes to the importance of electronically storing and managing our office files.” Full StoryWhen Hurricane Katrina hit the Atlantic Coast in 2005, many businesses were devastated, never to reopen. The tragic storm traveled right over the town of Slidell, Louisiana where Tom Babbitt’s main Jackson Hewitt office is located, and although they were lucky enough to remain in business, they still had to recover from damages.
“Hurricane Katrina left our office in six feet of water and with tons of useless paper documents that cost more than $6,000 to shred and dispose,” said Mr. Babbitt, President of 16 Jackson Hewitt locations. “This experience truly opened our eyes to the importance of electronically storing and managing our office files.”
In addition to combating Mother Nature, Mr. Babbitt’s offices face the challenge of completing approximately 9,000 returns in a season. With eFileCabinet, they are able to maintain each of those returns along with the necessary paper work associated with them. They keep client records for three years and bank information for five years. “That’s a lot of paper,” Mr. Babbitt commented. “We scan everything. We scan little pieces of paper that clients scribble on so they have every record they presented to us at tax presentation time.”
Along with being able to keep track of every document, they found that the ability to keep all documents in a central, easy-to-access location has improved the integrity of their business. “We have solved many issues this way,” Mr. Babbitt said. “A client may say their return was done wrong, but we can bring it all up and see if we made a mistake or if they are trying to fool us.”
- “efileCabinet has allowed our firm to increase our business through increased productivity and efficiency. Our office employees are big fans as well. It is easy to use and the return on the investment has exceed our expectations. I would recommend it to all HD Vest advisors or any business looking to become more efficient and productive.” Tim McDaniel, McDaniel Wealth Management
- “It is very user-friendly, which is a must for us because we are not technical-minded people,”
Full StoryWhen it came to selecting an electronic document management solution for her office, Debbie Cunningham sought a solution that was uncomplicated and inexpensive. While researching, Ms. Cunningham received a referral from an accounting firm in her home town of San Angelo, Texas who had purchased eFileCabinet. After seeing the simplicity of the system, she was sold.
“It is very user-friendly, which is a must for us because we are not technical-minded people,” Ms. Cunningham said.
Ms. Cunningham runs her own multi-service insurance agency and with six employees, was faced with the challenge of lost documents. “We used to chase papers all the time from one office to the next,” Ms. Cunningham said. “A paper sitting on a desk might as well be lost.”
Lost documents resulted in lost sales, so finding a solution was imperative to Ms. Cunningham’s bottom line. In addition to putting an end to the paper chase and saving lost sales, Debbie Cunningham Insurance has saved financially as well. With the implementation of eFileCabinet, they are able to recover the equivalent of one employee’s salary which equates to $20,000 annually
- I had my data backed up at a bank. After the tornado, not only was my office completely destroyed, so was the bank! Concentsus online backup is a MUST for anyone needing to store their valuable data safely and securely. I wish I’d done it sooner!”” Randy Kelly, CPA, Greensburg, KS
- “The Plustek SmartOffice PS286 Plus and eFileCabinet software saves me time not having to go pull physical files, when I can pull it up with just a few clicks of my mouse.” Tami Henry, Plustek Technology
- “We’ve been using eFileCabinet for about a month and a half and it has been an excellent transition. Not only can we drastically reduce our paper files, we can also offer our clients access to their files as well.. from anywhere, at any time. Thank you eFileCabinet for your help in converting us to a paperless office!” Shandra Hilman, QB Solutions, Inc.
- “eFileCabinet’s new Online version has been an awesome addition to our office software. It makes accessing our files easy and convenient no matter where we are, whether in the office or out of town. The features offered really enhance our office productivity.” Becky Leggett, EA, Darlene S. Stone, CPA
- “efilecabinet has saved me money, and time. It makes it easy to find paperwork without getting out of my chair. It saves money because we buy much less paper. We no longer need to make copies of paperwork for our file.” Randy Railey, H.D. Vest
- “You know, I am really impressed with eFileCabinet’s Technical Support team. Every time I call in, you guys know the problem and give me a fix in only a couple of moments.” Rick Sherwood, Lampton Hayes, PS
- “eFileCabinet is a great tool. It is like having a never ending file cabinet; a monster file cabinet, without all the paper.”
Full StoryCindy Lanham hasn’t been working at McDaniel Financial Services very long, but as office manager, she can already see what a difference eFileCabinet makes in an office.
eFileCabinet is a great tool,” Ms. Lanham said. “It is like having a never ending file cabinet; a monster file cabinet, without all the paper.”
At McDaniel Financial Services, they offer tax preparation and returns, investments, bookkeeping and insurance services. With so many different documents to keep track of, implementing an electronic document management system allows their office to stay organized and be more efficient.
“We still have files on each client, but what is kept in the file is very minimal,” Ms. Lanham explains. “Once something is set to a permanent record, we store it in eFileCabinet and there is no need to keep it. I guess it is a little more green way of doing things.”
Along with saving paper and taking steps to being more eco-friendly, Ms. Lanham appreciates the space savings they gain from using eFileCabinet. They no longer have the need to store and purchase multiple physical file cabinets. There is more room in the office and they can reallocate funds, a relief during the current economic pinch affecting so many businesses today.
- “eFile Cabinet has been a great tool for Colby Community College. With the help of the on-site training, our campus was able to fully embrace all of the possible uses from this product. We knew it was a great resource before, but the on-campus training enlightened our users on all of the benefits.” Samantha Tolle, Colby Community College
- “As regards Concentsus, the interface is easy to use and restoring even just one file from a back-up is possible. As with any cloud based product however, the availability of technical support is critical. In my experience, this is where Concentsus out-shines the competition. The folks at Concentsus take this part of the customer relationship very seriously and have a strong system in place with great folks working it.” Roger Garvin, Consultant/Owner
- “I am very impressed with the customer service we get. The majority of the time we have worked with Concentsus customer service, and they have gone over and above to take care of us. We have recommended them to several of our clients, and I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone.” Full StoryWe have used Concentsus since December 2008. We back up our server every night, 7 days a week. If it’s a weekend during the summer, and we aren’t working, the backup takes seconds to see that nothing needs to be done. The autopilot is set to kick off at 11pm so we don’t bother it and it doesn’t bother us.
Unfortunately, we have called their bluff on how good a service they provide. In May of 2010, our hard drive failed on the server. We lost everything on it. Donna worked with me TRYING to download our data from the internet. We finally gave in and had them overnight us DVDs to restore with. Everything was there. On Friday December 2, 2011, the server’s motherboard died. Our computer guy worked the weekend trying to salvage the computer with no luck. On Monday, I called Staples and ordered an external hard drive to be picked up by one of eFIleCabinet’s employees (no easy task), who took it to the offsite location, built me a backup and shipped it over-night Tuesday. Due to weather, did not get here until 3pm. Immediately called Donna, who logged on and started the restore process. Chugged during the night. Called her back Thursday morning, she made the final connections and we were back up and running by about 9am. Would have been quite a bit quicker if we had started the ball rolling Friday instead of Monday.
We had upgraded our CCH billing program to one that used SQLite. We found out the hard way that the Small Business version did not back up those file, but their Enterprise version does. Make sure you inform them of the most critical programs you use so they can make sure those files are backed up and intact.
I am very impressed with the service we get and the customer service we get. The majority of the time we have worked with Donna, and she has gone over and above to take care of us. We have recommended them to several of our clients, and I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone.
We attend the Jennings Seminars for our Tax, Accounting and Technology Seminars. He highly recommends (and uses) their services at most of his seminars.
- “The restore process with Concentsus is very easy and I like that I do not have to keep checking to see when the restore files are ready for download, I only need to wait for the email that tells me there ready.” Dana Koerth, Sommerville & Associates